09 March 2009

I'm thinking

What's down in the well comes up in the bucket.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Belief causes behavior.

My thought life REALLY does matter. Whatever I think about will come out in my life through my behavior or my actions.

So, I need to focus on what is True and not on my feelings or emotions. The True things are from God and do not change - like His glory, power, salvation, grace, mercy, patience, lovingkindness, His omnipresence, perfection/completeness, everlasting love, awe...on and on until I'm no longer able to describe Him with adjectives because they run out and I am left only to say that the Great "I AM" IS.

Anytime I forget who my King is I love to hear Rev. S.M. Lockridge's sermonette that's popularly titled "That's my King" I'm including a link to one of the youtube files. Everybody needs to watch it and I need to memorize it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_7j32zgNw

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

In my desire to focus my life on Christ I'm trying to limit the garbage that I let in. I'm embarrassed to say that I used to frequent celebrity gossip Internet sites and magazines at the gym (why?) and I decided a few months ago to stop. There's nothing relevant to my life. It doesn't edify me or glorify God. It strips others of their privacy and it supports a superficial industry. That said, my flesh still yearns for it in times of boredom (just like food).

A couple of weeks ago our cable got upgraded. We used to have only 20 basic channels (more than enough) because it came with our Internet. Our cable provider added some channels with the Feb. 17th digital change-over. I haven't had cable since I lived in the dorm in 1999. There's a lot of garbage on cable (well, on TV in general). There's a lot of sad people who desperately need Jesus. Part of me gets excited about interesting documentaries or travel shows, but I need to remember that if it doesn't fit Philippians 4:8's criteria, it's of no good to me.

No comments: