26 March 2009

God kicked the Thursday temptation

Last week I posted that Thursdays were hard because I work in the evening and so have all day to be alone with food.

I prayed for God to help me avoid temptation - and He did! I got up slowly this morning and wasn't starved and waited to have breakfast. My husband made oatmeal pancake batter (oats, buttermilk, stevia, cinnamon and vanilla). I love it because it really fills me up and sticks with me. when he left for work he put my batter in the fridge.

Before he left he asked me to work on the back yard. Our backyard tilts downward and he ordered a bunch of dirt so we can level it out. I didn't feel like shoveling and smoothing it out, but I did it anyway to, hopefully, bless my husband. I worked on it for about 45 minutes. Then I went in and had my yummy oatcake and started laundry. Then I went back and worked on the yard for about another hour. It doesn't look perfect, but much better. It was something that needed to be done and I got some exercise out of it :)

I'm thankful because I wasn't tempted to eat all morning long. Praise God! When I go to Him I know He is faithful to help me in times of temptation!

No comments: