02 October 2009

Forgiven and Loved

Have you ever heard the song "Forgiven and Loved" by Jimmy Needham? If not, look it up on youtube or another service. It brings joy to my heart.

I am both forgiven and loved by the One whose grace and mercy is great enough to accept me just as I am and who works out my sanctification on a daily basis.

I have no ability on my own to submit to the Lord or to have any spiritual growth. He accomplishes it in me.

This week in the TW workbook #1 I looked up Zechariah 4.6 which says:
Then he [the LORD] said, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, 'Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit,' says the LORD of hosts.

Only by the Spirit of the Most Holy can I get out of the pit of selfish gluttony.

For the first several months of this year I was fairly successful in 0-5 eating, but I have to confess that recently my eating has been entirely out of whack. I've stalled in weight loss since July and sometimes I find myself using everything in me to not eat anymore. I know that my focus is not on the Lord. I know it. I am in a food-funk and I can't figure my way out. My only hope is to continue in prayer and study, hanging on to anything that the Lord provides, until He finally pulls me out of this. I feel that this is an issue that will just last a season, but I wonder how lengthy this season is.

God, you are good. I know from Colossians 1.27 (from TW this week) that my hope for glory is Christ abiding in me.

I'd write more but I got called to a trauma -

No comments: