18 October 2009

Grumpiness

I am convinced that the medication I'm on makes me "feel" grumpy. I was never one to suffer from PMS until I started on this medication and now I'm convinced that the hormonal affect puts me on edge.

So, what do I do with it? I may be unable to control my circumstances, but I am the only one who can control my reaction.

I've been aware of my grumpiness so I've been trying to filter my reactions, and apologizing a lot when I don't succeed!

I've noticed this week that many things that normally wouldn't be are very irritating to me. And all I've wanted to do this week is anesthetize myself with food. My eating, although no longer the binges that once were, has been reactionary to my feelings. I've also been sleeping more than normal.

The Lord has given me good time with Him this week and I am seeing areas that need to be changed in order to depend on Him more. I'm thankful for this time I've had in the Word.

So, what do I have to say with all of this? Trust in the Lord, because sometimes I can't even trust my own body. :)

No comments: