25 October 2009

Choices

Over the last couple of weeks I have chosen to make some poor decision, throwing myself into overeating.

I'd like to cast blame on my circumstances, but I know I can't. I've chose to overeat of my own free will. I am not a victim of my circumstances and I must choose to believe that my actions are representative of a hard, selfish, I-want-what-I-want heat.

I'm so disappointed because I want to be done with gluttony and body image idolatry. Sigh...

So, what am I going to do now? Deal with it. Praise God that today is a new day!

My husband just gave me a quote from a Vietnam soldier who was a POW. This was his attitude:

Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties.
And at the same time
Confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.

It's called the Stockdale Paradox. Now, I don;t know if he's a believer, but it is good advice, I think. I've got to have faith and hope that the Lord is eventually going to change me, while dealing with the facts at the same time.

I've decided to put the following verse on my pantry door (Hopefully it will encourage me!)

Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
Lord, help me to choose to glorify You, regardless of my weight. You matter, not my jeans size.

No comments: