20 August 2009

YAY!

I had the best day yesterday!

I took the train (light rail) to work and surprisingly sat next to an old roommate, who I see much less often than I would like. Then, I was busy at work. It was delightful :) I want to work when I'm at work, not try to find something to do. Then, I had some time after work so I went to one of my favorite coffee shops, got some tea and did some Bible study homework. To top that off I got to have dinner at one of my favorite places with one of my favorite people...sigh, it was lovely.

I've decided to go through the Thin Within workbook #1 once we finish the book in a couple of weeks. I got it in the mail last week. It's pretty intense - 12 weeks of daily Bible study. It will be good for me. They also include space for daily charting. Honestly, I haven't really been using the charts much in the Thin Within book. At first, I was scared that I would become legalistic about it so I never started. I think, now, they are tools that I will be able to use, but I'm going to be very observant of how I relate to them. They are just tools, like food is just energy; they are not gods.

Ramadan starts on Saturday the 22nd. It is a time of month-long fasting in the Muslim world as they seek to know God more. My prayer is for them to know Jesus, not as prophet, but as savior and Lord. There is an organization that produces a prayer booklet for Christians to use in praying for Muslims during the month of Ramadan. You can check them out here: http://www.30-days.net/

Thank you, Jesus, for providing exactly what I need - and abundantly!

1 comment:

Mel- said...

love those days that go so well!

Thanks for the tip about Ramadan. I've seen that site before, but always miss the right dates...