25 August 2009

Jesus is my enabler

I hope this doesn't look disrepectful!

Last night on my way home I heard a snipit of a message from Charles Stanley (I think). He spoke on Philipians 4.13 and described it as Paul's way of saying that everything he does is empowered or enabled by God.

I think it would be cool to have a t-shirt that says "Jesus is my enabler" on the front and "Philippians 4.13" on the back!

The truth is, He is the only One who enables or empowers me to do anything good or for His glory.

He's the One who will enable me to walk away from food idolatry. I

am really fed up with it (no pun intended, but enjoyed)! I just want to be done already. I wish I could put it down and walk away. I feel like in Jesus I should be able to just lay it down. Can I? Will I sabotage myself? Or can I really just walk away from it?

Enable me, Jesus, to chose you!

No comments: