24 August 2009

GOODSTUFF # 606 WORTH

The following is from a weekly email that my Sunday School teacher, Bert Harned, puts out. You can see a number of his musings at his website: http://www.bertsgoodstuff.com/. I hope this speaks to you as it did to me.

The worth of something to you is revealed by how much you are willing to pay for it.
That means that God’s love for us is enormous beyond our ability to understand!
When I think of Who it is that loves me, it is overwhelming!
Ruth Myers book THE SATISFIED HEART is about the incredible love God has for us. It has greatly helped me to understand God’s love.
Several years ago I took time to seriously think about His love for me and wrote down a list of words that helped me get a handle on what Jesus was willing to pay
He was lifted up (on the cross); marred; despised; forsaken; stricken; smitten; afflicted; pierced; crushed; chastened; scourged; oppressed; cut off; put to grief; anguished; poured out...........
For the love which Christ has [for me] Presses on me from all sides, Holding me to one end Prohibiting me from considering any other, Wrapping itself around me in tenderness
(Wuest 2 Cor 5.14)
"YOU ARE PRECIOUS TO ME, & I LOVE YOU" Isa 43.4
"I HAVE LOVED YOU WITH AN EVERLASTING LOVE." Jer 31.3
"HE CARES FOR YOU." 1 Peter 5.7
"THY LOVINGKINDNESS IS BETTER THAN LIFE.." Psalms 63.3
"BEHOLD..I HAVE INSCRIBED YOU ON THE PALMS OF MY HANDS." Isa 49.16
Spend some time on it!
bh August 22, 2009

No comments: