01 June 2009

Truth from the inside out

For the last couple of weeks I have gone to a "Holy yoga" class at the YMCA. I like the exercise of yoga, but I don't believe in the new-agey, self-empowerment teachings. So, I was please to go to a class where we can stretch and exercise our bodies, meditate on Scripture, listen to Christian music and close the class with prayer. My husband even went with me yesterday!

The instructor had us meditate on John 14.6: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
Our focus yesterday was on Truth. The instructor then read this verse:

Psalm 51:6 (NASB)
Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part. You will make me know wisdom.

The Message puts it this way:
What you're after is truth from the inside out. Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.

Sometime I really like the way that the Message puts things. In all aspects of my life, actually OVER all other aspects of my life, the Lord desires Truth in me from the inside out. That's what I want, too!

No comments: