03 June 2009

Birthday hilarity

Well, at least I think it's hilarious. Today is my birthday! Yvonne turns 30!

Yesterday afternoon I had a dentist appointment to have an old filling replaced. As the dentist was working on me he found a second cavity. He asked if I wanted it filled (of course I did). The old filling had to be replaced with an alloy material because the cavity had been deep in my molar. It took them a while to finish and it was almost 6pm when I left. They told me that the alloy filling takes 24 hours to set and in the mean time I could only eat puree-consistency foods.

I was so bummed! I can't eat whatever I want on my birthday (I even said so to the hygienist).

God is hilarious! The one day that He knows that I'll be tempted to eat a ton of food, He orchestrates it so I can't. He provides exactly what I need when I need it (even if I don't want it!).

Tonight, however, I'm celebrating with take-out from my favorite Lebanese restaurant: Haji Baba.

1 comment:

Christina said...

That is funny and neat all at once:-) Hope you enjoy the take out:-) Happy birthday!