18 June 2009

Hi from Boston!

We're having such a great time in Boston! This is my first trip and we are staying with my sister. We've done a LOT of walking - I'd love to figure out how much. On Monday we walked from where my sister lives, in Brighton, to downtown and we walked all of the Freedom Trail. Very interesting! At the end we scaled the Bunker Hill monument in Charlestown -294 steps. I thought it might kill my husband, but he made it! This trip, in part, is for my 30th birthday. To celebrate my sister treated us to a very nice dinner at the Top of the Hub restaurant on the 52nd floor of the Prudential building. Delicious and the view was amazing!

On Tuesday we visited the JFK Library. We thought it was so informative. That evening we went to a Red Sox game (an 8-2 win over Florida). Yesterday we took the ferry to Salem. The ride was so beautiful! The town is cute, but all of the witch museum stuff is pretty campy (and a little creepy to be honest). We went to one very terrible museum - you'd think a whole town dedicated to witches would have their basic history down. Today we went to Harvard and then walked to MIT. My husband got his MBA from a rival business school so, he wanted to check out the competition.

So....Thin Within. I'm going to be honest. I have had a lot of difficulty eating withing 0-5 at dinner. Breakfast has been fine. Lunch has been just the right amount, but dinner has been tough. I have a hard time wasting food. Also, if the food is amazing (and it IS - like at the Hub) I have a hard time stopping. I would love to post a long list of delicious items that I've tried, but I don't want to trip anyone up on food lust! :) I've had a couple of nights (including today - woo hoo!) however, that have been ok.

I'm a little disappointed because, as I think I've mentioned, there is a weight requirement for one of the activities we hope to do in Bermuda next week. We'll see.

I brought my TW book with me and I'll try to check some of the group posts. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Essy said...

Hi there, I live just North of Boston. Glad to hear that you are having a good time (inspite of the weather). That's awesome that you are getting so much walking in.

When you go out to eat, can you maybe make a consciour effort to pack up half of your meal to take home? You may end up throwing it away later, but at least it will make you feel better at that moment...lol. Enjoy your trip.

Mel- said...

You're in one of my favorite places in the whole world!!

Happy Birthday!!!

Is your husband willing to share a meal with you?

Either way - cover yourself in prayer, do your best, and put away that club of condemnation!

(I spent my 40th birthday in Hershey, PA - love those special birthday trips!)