14 April 2009

Sit, Walk, Stand

In my ladies' Bible study we're starting a study on Ephesians, using the book Sit, Walk, Stand by Watchman Nee as a supplement. I especially got a lot out of Nee's The Normal Christian Life, so I'm looking forward to this. From what I understand Nee had some end-of-life mental health issues and his later works are biblically-off, but these two books are super.

Last night we read through Ephesians as a group for whole-book context. I love studying the Bible this way. It's a little more daunting to read through Isaiah in one sitting, but it's doable for NT books. Paul is such a great writer. He uses arguments that he builds slowly to explain his points. His sentences are so rich! I think we've done ourselves a little bit of a disservice by breaking up the ideas into verses and smaller sentences. I think we lose some of the momentum.

As we were reading thorough it last night I saw some points, particularly in chapters 2 and 4 that I think will be especially poignant to me in my walk with Him away from gluttony and selfishness. My plan is to use this blog space to flesh out some of the ideas.

God's Word is so good. :)

No comments: