25 April 2009

New weight loss secret revealed!

Get stuck in an elevator.

Ok, not really, but I did get stuck in an elevator.
I was at work last night (night shift) and my easy descent to the ER was cut short by a jarring motion between the second and first floors. I called the help button and the maintenance guy said he would send someone. I'm not claustrophobic, I wasn't worried, but I did have some nurses waiting one me. So, after about a half hour (it's 3:30 by now) I called the help button again and asked the guy to call the ER and let them know that the interpreter was stuck in an elevator. About 15 minutes later one of the maintenance guys working on the elevator told me that they were sending the fire department to get me out! I thought that was a little much. They arrived and helped me out around 4am. There was a space of about 2 feet at the top of the elevator door that let out onto the second floor. Apparently it was a slow news night in the ER because by the time I got back everyone asked me about the event. It makes me laugh.

So, to get back to the header, I was sooo hungry in the elevator, but since I had to wait the hunger dissipated a little. Good thing I didn't have to go to the bathroom :)


“Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us.”
Peter De Vries

No comments: