19 May 2009

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

We went to California over the weekend for a cousin's wedding. We always bring CDs along for the stretch of desert where we can't get a radio signal. We were listening to an old O.C. Supertones CD and I was impressed anew by the lyrics:

As I was B-O-U-N-D bound by the name of J-E-S-U-S
to V-I-C-T-O-R-Y I am F-R-double E
You are mine, I call upon You
Because you look so very strong
Through C-H-R-I-S-T, through Christ we are bound to win

(They actually spell out the words above)

I have sold myself as a slave to the Lord and I am free in Him. I have victory over habitual sin in Him. There is no wishing. There is no struggling. I AM victorious in Christ. As soon as I believe it, it will begin to show in my behavior.

2 Timothy 1.7
For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

No comments: