19 October 2010

What a week!

And the Lord saw me through it :)
It was busy and I wasn't in the Word as much as I needed to be and I felt the lack. Now, thank God, I have less demands and more time to spend on what matters most.

My ladies' Bible study is now going through "The Search for Significance" (I had done the study alone at the beginning of the year). We were talking about some of God's attributes as well as the things that God says about us that are true. For example, we talked of His righteousness and that He made us righteous. He will not take away our righteousness that He has chosen to freely give us. I started thinking about the other things that he WON'T take away and I was reminded of this post of yours. It's such a good reminder of who He is! Also, it's good to know what He does do, what He can do so I can also know what He can't do. He can't be unloving toward me. He can't, because that's not His nature and His nature is immutable. He can't make mistakes because He is all-powerful. He can't wait to figure out how to solve a problem later because He is all-knowing. He can't be taken apart, becuase He is unity. Amazing.

I've been confronted a lot recently with questions and condemnation about my faith in God and in Jesus as the Christ. While much of faith is belief without sight, I know that the Lord made me an intelligent, rational being who is capable of investigating and examining the facts and coming to a conclusion. There is one thing that I can't get past with those who do not believe that God exists. If we are all there is and we don't need God, then why don't I meet more caring, joyful, at peace, not angry, unconditionally loving people who believe that God doesn't exist? Why do they all appear (to me, in my limited sight and understanding) so be versions of the angry, sarcastic, self-focused person that I used to be before I knew God? Others ask me to prove God exists by my behavior, I guess I would ask them to prove that He doesn't by theirs.


 

No comments: