15 June 2010

Repent and Return

Acts 3: 19-20
Therefore, repent and return so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed to you

In my ladies' Bible study we're going through Beth Moore's Esther. In chapter four we see Jews all over Persia in mourning over the king's decree of their extermination. Moore likened their grief and supplication to the words of the Lord in Joel 2:12-14. God asks His people for repentance from their own way and to love and follow Him.

The area that I need to repent from is demanding my right to having my own way. My long stretch of discontentment all stems from my ungodly expectations not being met. I want to return to the Lord from my own way and go wherever He sends me.

Thank you, God, for Your great provisions for my life. You are My Provider and the Lifter of my head. You are good and only desire eternal good for me. Thank you for allowing times of teaching and times of rest. Your name be blessed. Amen.

No comments: