30 November 2009

Depression diet

My pastor shared this diet for depression yesterday:

The following diet is designed to help you cope with the stress, paranoia, depression and delusion that builds during the holidays...

Breakfast:
1/2 grapefruit
1 slice whole wheat toast
8 oz. skim milk


Lunch:
4 oz. lean broiled chicken breast
1 cup steamed spinach
1 cup herb tea
1 Oreo cookie


Mid-Afternoon snack:
The rest of Oreos in the package
2 pints Rocky Road ice cream, nuts, cherries and whipped cream
1 jar hot fudge sauce


Dinner:
2 loaves garlic bread
4 cans or 1 large pitcher Coke
1 large sausage, mushroom and cheese pizza
3 Snickers bars


Late Evening News:
Entire frozen Sara Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from freezer)


Remember, stressed spelled backwards = desserts.

I was actually pretty sad to hear it - and even sadder when everyone laughed at it. I won't say that I've eaten this exactly, but I have had some startling binges in the past.

Sure, I ate more this weekend than I should have, but it was less than last year (woohoo!)
It's the little victories. :)

1 comment:

Mel- said...

Woo Hoo - the little victories are bigger than you think. I will admit to laughing at the depression diet - largely because I've been there. I was much more depressed by the breakfast & lunch menu than the rest of it. Can you believe people still try to do that?

With that said - I too am fighting some "post stress" eating - I find cookies and pudding mysteriously appearing in my house - where did they come from? I am blessed with the strength from God to get rid of them too....